Moving houses can be really stressful. The uncertainty and upheaval that surrounds a move can lead to bouts of anxiety.
So here are a few easy and smart tricks to help you get organised & ease the strenuous shifting process with correct packers and movers services.
- Purge – The first step of organising and packing your luggage for the new house is editing your current items. Dresses out of fashion, check all your cables, things you don’t use again – toss, recycle or donate. But do not take them along with you in the new house.
- Line your fragile items with your linens – Pack smart. Use your linens and place them in between all fragile items. Pad your glass made decorative items with socks, towels and cushions. Keep the fragiles protected since you do not want to move into a new house with broken items.
- Do not forget those cabin and check-in suitcases – Do not forget to pack your items in your soft and hard case suitcases. You could stack these bags with things you will need during the initial days of unpacking in the new house. If packing your suitcases with clothes, remember to roll and fold.
Psst, this also will help you save a little money on buying those extra carton boxes!
- Smaller things in bigger pots – A huge space saver is stacking your smaller pots into bigger ones. Your empty boxes could hold your smaller items and thus, help you in saving a lot on additional boxes.
- Number your cartons – No matter how less the number of boxes or closer the shift is, you need to tag your cartons. Number them and mention what room the items belong to. Additionally, also make a note of fragile items. This will help your packers to load and unload safely and additionally keep your list of items carefully.
- Set your tools aside – Tape screws, bolts and other loose items to your toolbox. You could also assemble your individual furniture’s nuts and bolts in a ziplock bag and mark the bag. Keep your toolbox and nuts and bolts together. You don’t want to reach your new house and look for these items or buy a new toolbox!
Ideally, it is good to start the packing process 10-14 days before the day of houseshifting &pack all your items without being in a hurry. Remember to not get overwhelmed & follow the process to the T.
If you think the packing is best left to the experts, connect with Porter Packers & Movers for assistance.